Dell Networking S6000-ON Switch
High-Performance 10/40GbE Top-of-Rack Open Networking Switch
High-density, 40GbE switch (32 ports of 40GbE or 96 ports of 10GbE1 and eight ports of 40GbE) with high performance for top-, middle- and end-of- rack deployments.
The Dell Networking S6000-ON switch is the industry's first disaggregated hardware + software data center networking solution that empowers organizations to deploy modern workloads and applications designed for the open networking era.
Organizations that benefited from utilizing the disaggregation model with their data center server platforms can now leverage even greater benefits from Dell open networking solutions. Organizations can take advantage of this disaggregated networking model using industry-leading hardware and a choice of leading network operating systems to simplify data center fabric orchestration and automation and accelerate innovation.
These new offerings provide organizations the flexibility to transform their data centers and offer high-capacity network fabrics that are easy to deploy, cost-effective and provide a clear path to a software-defined data center.
The Dell S6000-ON supports the open source Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
Data center optimized
The Dell Networking S Series S6000-ON 10/40GbE top-of-rack (ToR) switch is purpose-built for applications in high-performance data center and computing environments. Leveraging a non-blocking switching architecture, the S6000-ON delivers line-rate L2 and L3 forwarding capacity to maximize network performance. The compact S6000-ON design provides industry-leading density of 32 ports of 40GbE or 96 ports of 10GbE1 and eight additional ports of 40GbE to conserve rack space while enabling denser footprints and simplifying migration to 40Gbps in the data center core. In addition, the S6000-ON incorporates multiple architectural features that optimize data center network flexibility, efficiency and availability, including redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans.
- High-density 10/40GbE ToR server aggregation in high-performance data center environments
- Large deployments in conjunction with the Dell Z9000, creating a non-blocking2 10/40GbE data center network design
- 1RU high-density 10/40GbE ToR switch with 32 ports of 40GbE (QSFP+) or 96 ports of 10GbE1 and eight ports of 40GbE with OS support
- Up to 2.56Tbps of switching I/O bandwidth (fullduplex) and available non-blocking2 switching fabric delivering line-rate performance under full load2 with sub 600ns latency
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans
- I/O panel to power supply airflow or power supply to I/O panel airflow
- Supports the open source ONIE for zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems
- Tool-less enterprise ReadyRails™ mounting kits reduce time and resources for switch rack installation
- Power-efficient operation up to 45°C helps reduce cooling costs in temperature-constrained deployments
1 Using QSFP+ breakout cables (available separately)
2 Performance rated over aggregate operation and with average packet transfers greater than 200 bytes
Dell Networking Open Networking Switches:
Dell Networking S4810-ON Open Networking Switch
Deploy modern workloads and applications and have the freedom of open networking using the Dell Networking S4810-ON switch — part of our new disaggregated-hardware/software solution for data-center networking.
The S4810-ON is a high-density, 1U, 48-port 10GbE switch with four 40GbE uplinks that offers ultra-low-latency, non-blocking operation and is designed to ensure line-rate performance. It also supports ONIE for zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
Dell Networking S6000-ON Open Networking Switch
Provide high-density switching for top-, middle- and end-of-rack deployments with the Dell Networking S6000-ON switch — part of our new disaggregated-hardware/software solution for data-center networking.
The S6000-ON switch offers thirty-two 40GbE ports or ninety-six 10GbE ports plus eight 40GbE ports. The S6000-ON also supports ONIE for zero-touch installation of network operating systems.
Legend: S — Standard, OA — Option Available, N — Not Available
|10GbE ports||48 line-rate 10GbE ports||96 line-rate 10GbE + 8 line-rate 40GbE ports in breakout mode|
|40GbE ports||4 line-rate 40GbE ports||32 line-rate 40GbE ports|
|Size||1RU, 1.73” x 17.32” x 18.11”
(4.39 cm x 43.99 cm x 50 cm)
|1RU, 1.71” x 17.08” x 18.11”
(4.34 cm x 43.38 cm x 50 cm)
|Weight||14.39 lbs (6.53 kg)||16.12 lbs (7.31 kg)|
|Power supply||100 – 240V AC 50/60Hz||100 – 240V AC 50/60Hz|
|Redundancy||Hot swappable redundant power
Hot swappable redundant fans
|Hot swappable redundant power
Hot swappable redundant fans
|Switch I/O bandwidth||1.28Tbps (full-duplex)||2.56Tbps (full-duplex)|
|Latency||Sub 700ns||Sub 600ns|
|Packet buffer memory||9MB||12MB|
|Safety||UL/CSA 60950-L Second Edition, EN 60950-1 Second Edition, IEC 60950-1 Second Edition Including all National Deviations and Group Differences, EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products Part1: Equipment Classification Requirements and User’s Guide, EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products Part 2: Safety of Optical Fibre Communications Systems, FDA Regulation 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11|
|Emissions||Australia/New Zealand: ASNZS CISPR 22: 2006,m Class A, Canada: ICES-003, Issue-4, Class A, Europe: EN 55022: 2006+A1:2007 (CISPR 22: 2006), Class A, Japan: VCCI V3/2009 Class A|
|Immunity||EN300 386 V1.4.1:2008 EMC for Network Equipment, EN 55024: 1988 + A1: 2001 + A2: 2003, EN 61000-3-2: Harmonic Current Emissions, EN 61000-3-3: Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker, EN61000-4-2: ESD, EN 61000-4-3: Radiated Immunity, EN 61000-4-4: EFT, EN 61000-4-5: Surge, EN 61000-4-6: Low Frequency Conducted Immunity|
|RoHS||All S Series components are EU RoHS compliant|
Operating System and Software:
Your choice of third-party operating systems and software
Enable business agility and avoid vendor lock-in with third-party OS and software options, including:
Cumulus Linux is a full-featured networking operating system that enables you to build a modern, scalable and cost-effective data center. Combined with Dell’s open-networking switches, this disaggregated solution offers enhanced manageability, clustering, monitoring and orchestration – many of the same benefits found in virtualized-server environments.
Cumulus OS leverages a large ecosystem of native Linux applications and automation tools, allowing you to adopt innovations and add agility to your data center. Now you can deploy next-generation workloads on feature-rich solutions built on large-scale Clos fabrics and new data-center architectures.
Cumulus Linux 2.0 integrated packages:
- Layer 3 features: Enhanced Quagga IPv4/v6 routing suite (OSPFv2, OSPFv3, BGPv4/v6), Prescriptive Topology Module (PTM), Hardware ECMP Hashing
- Layer 2 features: STP/RSTP, Bridge Assurance, BPDU Guard, VLAN trunks, LACP, LLDP, Ethernet Bridging (VLANs), Link Aggregation (Bonding), IPv6 neighbor discovery, unicast/broadcast, Storm control, Configuring VXLANs, Spanning Tree, Rapid Spanning Tree, configuring switch port attributes, configuring buffer and queue management, virtual router redundancy VRR, IGMP and MLD snooping
- Management: AAA with RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP, native Linux management tools, image and packet management, Netfilter ACLs
- Monitoring and troubleshooting: PTM, SNMP v2/v3, SPAN/ERSPAN, ACL counters, real time queue-depth and buffer utilization reporting, inventory and log files, ping, trace route, manipulating system ARP cache, traffic generation using mz
- Operating system: Resilient Linux Modular Operating System, zero-touch install with ONIE, in-service software patching, in-service process restart/termination
- Security: ACL, CPU protection
- QoS: CoS based queuing/scheduling (DWRR, strict priority), ingress policing
Big Switch Networks Switch Light OS
Switch Light™ OS is an SDN operating system that is ideal for building next-generation data-center fabrics. Based on Open Network Linux (ONL), the open-source Linux operating system, Switch Light OS brings modern server or compute models to the network and allows you to adopt a disaggregated-software/hardware solution. It provides powerful automation capabilities that can significantly reduce your operating costs.
Switch Light OS uses ONIE to install onto on-board flash memory and includes standard ONL features such as:
- Debian Linux kernel
- Set of device drivers and installation scripts
- A net-boot-capable, zero-touch networking bootloader
- Enhanced features that optimize headless switch operations
- Ability to increase performance by minimizing writes to flash memory
Big Switch Networks Big Tap Monitoring Fabric
Big Tap™ Monitoring Fabric is an innovative network monitoring solution that allows you to tap traffic anywhere in the network and deliver it to troubleshooting, network monitoring, application-performance monitoring or security tools. It offers a practical, cost-effective entry point for SDN and provides optimal visibility and scalability.
At the core of the Big Tap Monitoring Fabric is the Big Tap Controller. This software compiles user-defined policies into optimized flows that are programmed into the forwarding ASICs of "non-OS" switches running the Switch Light™ OS.
Big Tap Monitoring Fabric features:
|Security features and controlled administrative access
|High performance, highly scalable network-monitoring fabric
Download the Dell Networking S6000-ON Spec Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.