Mellanox SB7890 Switch-IB 2 EDR Switch
The Mellanox SB7800 family of InfiniBand top-of-rack switches deliver high performance and port density with complete fabric management solutions. Take advantage of these opportunities:
- Enable compute clusters and converged data centers to operate at any scale while reducing operational costs and infrastructure complexity.
- Choose from a portfolio of cost-effective Edge switches supporting 100Gb/s speeds and 36 non-blocking ports
Mellanox Switch IB-2™ InfiniBand EDR 100Gb/s Switches are an ideal choice for top-of-rack leaf connectivity or for building small to extremely large sized clusters.
Maximum efficiency with static and adaptive routing
SB7800 switches offer static routing, adaptive routing and advanced congestion management to ensure the maximum effective fabric bandwidth and eliminate congestion hot spots. They are optimized for industry-standard racks and leading scale-out computing solutions.
Mellanox switches use industry-standard InfiniBand technology to provide scalable fabric to power some of the largest and fastest high-performance computing systems and next-generation data centers. SB7800 switches offer:
- Industry-leading performance, power and density
- Energy and cost efficiency
- Quick and easy fabric management for cluster and converged I/O applications
Multiple subnets with InfiniBand
Mellanox InfiniBand Smart Switch devices can provide up to 100Gb/s and full bidirectional bandwidth per port, thus enabling multiple subnets using InfiniBand.
High-performing solutions with error-free fabrics
SB7800 and SB7890 switch systems deliver 7.2Tb/s of non-blocking bandwidth with 90ns port-to-port latency at an excellent price. Get 36 ports at 100Gb/s per port and build clusters that can scale out to hundreds of nodes.
- InfiniBand switches deliver high bandwidth with low latency to get the highest server efficiency and application productivity, ideal for HPC applications
- The Mellanox smart switch enables in-network computing through the Co-Design SHArP technology.
- Mellanox Unified Fabric Manager (UFM) ensures optimal cluster and data center performance with high availability and reliability
|Mellanox SB7890 Switch-IB™ 2 Managed EDR Switch Specifications|
36 X EDR 100Gb/s ports in a 1U switch
1+1 redundant & hot-swappable power
PowerATIS Weighted Power Consumption: 136W
Max Power Consumption (class 4): 281W
Dual redundant slots
Hot plug operation
Input range: 100 - 127 VAC, 200-240 VAC
Front-to-rear or rear-to-front cooling option
Hot-swappable fan unit
Frequency: 50-60Hz, single phase AC
USA: FCC, Class A
Canada: ICES, Class A
EU: EN55022, Class A
EU: EN55024, Class A
EU: EN61000-3-2, Class A
EU: EN61000-3-3, Class A
Japan: VCCI, Class A
EU: IEC 60068-2-64: Random Vibration
EU: IEC 60068-2-29: Shocks, Type I / II
EU: IEC 60068-2-32: Fall Test
Form: 19’’ rack mountable 1U chassis
Connectors and Cabling
Environmental Operating Conditions
Switch AttributesCompliant with IBTA 1.21 and 1.3
9 virtual lanes: 8 data + 1 management
256 to 4Kbyte MTU
4X48K entry linear forwarding database
Download the Mellanox SB7890 Switch-IB 2 EDR Switch Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.