Mellanox SwitchX-2 SX6025 InfiniBand Switch
The Mellanox SX6000 family of top-of-rack InfiniBand switches delivers high performance, low latency, port density and complete fabric management solutions. The SX6000 series is designed to enable compute clusters and converged data centers to operate at any scale while reducing operational costs and infrastructure complexity.
Scalable, compatible high-bandwidth performance
Mellanox SX6000 14 data rate (FDR) switches carry converged traffic with assured bandwidth and granular quality of service (QoS). They enable you to build scalable, cost-effective switch fabrics, ranging from small clusters to hundreds of nodes.
- Fit into industry-standard racks to scale-out leading computing solutions.
- Ensure maximum effective fabric bandwidth by eliminating congestion hot spots through static and adaptive routing and advanced congestion management.
- Enable multiple subnets with 12 or 36 ports.
- Provide high-performance connectivity with support for 56Gb/s port speeds.
Key benefits include:
- Software defined network (SDN) support
- Industry-leading switch platform for performance, power and density
- Energy- and cost-saving design
- Quick and easy setup and management
- Fabric congestion removal for maximized performance
- Fabric management for cluster and converged I/O applications
Ultimate performance and flexibility
- High bandwidth with ultra-low latency for extreme server efficiency and application productivity, especially high-performance computing (HPC) applications
- 12 and 36-port configurations running at 56Gb/s per port, with the ability to build clusters that scale to hundreds of nodes
- Optimal cluster and data center performance with high availability and reliability via Mellanox Unified Fabric Manager (UFM)
- Error-free fabrics
- Granular QoS for cluster, LAN and SAN traffic
Based on the third-generation InfiniScale III InfiniBand switch device, the platform delivers an ideal balance between cost and performance. When used in conjunction with ConnectX InfiniBand dual port I/O cards, clustered databases, parallelized applications and transactional services, applications will achieve significant performance improvements resulting in reduced completion time and lower cost per operation.
The 24-port switch blade supports up to 16 server blades while providing eight ports for connecting to a larger InfiniBand fabric. The non-blocking architecture ensures that each port provides the full 20 Gb/s of bidirectional bandwidth while the advanced scheduling engine supports quality of service for up to nine traffic classes.
The M2401G delivers director-class availability required for mission-critical applications environments. When fully populated, the PowerEdge M1000e chassis can support up to four M2401G Switch Blades for maximum server throughput and redundancy. The switch blade is hot-swappable, enabling expansion without server interruption.
The M2401G is easily managed through any InfiniBand Trade Association (IBTA)-compliant subnet manager. Mellanox recommends installing and running Mellanox OpenFabrics software stack on each server blade. Any server can then run the subnet manager along with the switch management tools.
Port configuration and data paths can be set up automatically or customized to meet the needs of the application. Firmware can be updated in-band for simple network maintenance.
Legend: S — Standard AO — Available Optional N — Not Available
|Management||S, 648 nodes||N||S, 648 nodes|
Download the Mellanox SwitchX-2 SX6025 InfiniBand Switch Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.