Dell EMC PowerSwitch N2248PX-ON Switch
Cost-effective open networking Multigigabit Ethernet switches for modernizing and scaling infrastructure
The N2200-ON switch series offers a power-efficient Multigigabit Ethernet network-access switching solution with integrated 25GbE uplinks. With high-performance capabilities and wire-speed performance, utilizing a non-blocking architecture to easily handle unexpected traffic loads, the switches offer simple management and scalability via an 160Gbps (full duplex) high availability stacking architecture that allows management of up to twelve switches from a single IP address. An integrated 80PLUS Platinum certified power supply provides energy efficiency to help decrease power and cooling costs.
Modernize campus network architectures
Modernize campus network architectures with a powerefficient and resilient 1/2.5/25GbE switching solution with 802.3bt Type-3 (60W) Power over Ethernet. PoE ports can deliver clean power to network devices such as wireless access points (APs), Voice-over-IP (VoIP) handsets, video conferencing systems, security cameras, LED luminaries and many more. For greater interoperability in multivendor networks, N2200-ON switches offer the latest openstandard protocols.
Leverage familiar tools and practices
All N-Series switches include Dell EMC Networking OS6, designed for easier deployment, greater interoperability and a lower learning curve for network administrators. One common command line interface (CLI) and graphic user interface (GUI) using a well-known command language gets skilled network administrators productive quickly. With USB auto-configuration, network administrators can rapidly deploy mirrored configurations to numerous devices by simply inserting a USB key. N2200-ON switches also support the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), enabling installation of alternate network operating systems.
Deploy with confidence at any scale
N2200-ON series switches help create performance assurance with a data rate up to 600Gbps (full duplex) and a forwarding rate up to 833Mpps. Scale easily with built-in rear stacking ports. Switch stacks of up to 624 1/2.5/25GbE ports can be managed from a single screen using the highly-available stacking architecture for high-density aggregation with seamless redundant availability.
N-Series switches help provide certainty with a lifetime warranty that covers software upgrades, hardware repair or replacement, and optics and cables purchased with the switch.*
Purpose-built 24 and 48 port Multi-Gig and Multi-Gig 60W PoE access switches
Built to help keep operating costs down, the N1500 Series can operate at temperatures up to 113°F (45°C) to help reduce cooling costs. Improve your overall efficiency with these great features:
- Greater Power Over Ethernet capabilities – enable customers to run larger number of powered devices (video surveillance cameras, building automation, lighting, telephone systems and the like) off of the power that our switches provide.
- Greater choice of Network Operating Systems (OS6, Cumulus, Pica8) from leaders in Open Technologies that provide robust connectivity each with its unique strengths.
- Newest silicon capabilities, increased downlink bandwidth (2.5GbE), increased uplink bandwidth (25GbE), increased stacking bandwidth (160Gbps).
Enhance employee productivity with better connectivity
- Modernize existing campus networks to handle modern workloads
- Facilitate Workforce Transformation and enhance employee productivity with immersive, bandwidth intensive applications
- Realize the many benefits of IoT and automation with enhanced PoE capabilities that newer Dell EMC PowerSwitch N series deliver
*Select Networking products carry a Lifetime Limited Warranty with Basic Hardware Service (repair or replacement) for life. Repair or replacement does not include troubleshooting, configuration, or other advanced service provided by Dell EMC ProSupport. Details at https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/networkingwarranty/cp/networkingwarranty
Hardware, performance and efficiency
- 1RU switches with up to 48 line-rate 1/2.5GbE RJ-45 ports and four integrated 25GbE SFP28 ports.
- Up to 48 ports of 30W PoE including 24 ports which can scale up to 60W PoE.
- Up to 624 1/2.5/25GbE ports in a 12-unit stack for high-density, high-availability in IDFs, MDFs and wiring closets.
- Non-stop forwarding and fast failover in stack configurations.
- Dell Fresh Air compliance for operation in environments up to 113°F (45°C) helps reduce cooling costs in temperature constrained deployments.
Deploying, configuring and managing
- USB auto-configuration rapidly deploys the switch without complex TFTP configurations or sending technical staff to remote offices.
- Management via an intuitive and familiar CLI, embedded web server (GUI), SNMP-based management console application (including Dell OpenManage Network Manager), Telnet or serial connection.
- Private VLAN extensions and Private VLAN Edge support.
- AAA authorization, TACACS+ accounting and RADIUS support for comprehensive secure access support.
- Authentication tiering allows network administrators to tier port authentication methods such as 802.1x, MAC authentication.
- Bypass and Captive Portal in priority order so that a single port can provide flexible access and security.
- Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with MLAG and support firmware upgrades without taking the network offline.
- Layer 3 Standard IPv4 and IPv6 functionality including static routing, RIP, and OSPF support.
- VXLAN-Lite support in hardware only (can be used if enabled by Open Networking (ON) partner network operating system).
|Ports||24 x RJ45 10M/100M/1G/2.5G auto-sensing ports
4 x SFP28 ports
2 x 40G QSFP+ ports
|12 x RJ45 10M/100M/1G/2.5G 802.3at (up to 30W) PoE autosensing ports
12 x RJ45 10M/100M/1G/2.5G 802.3bt Type-3 (up to 60W) PoE auto-sensing ports
4 x SFP28 ports
2 x 40G QSFP+ ports
|48 x RJ45 10M/100M/1G/2.5G auto-sensing ports
4 x SFP28 ports
2 x 40G QSFP+ ports
| 24 x RJ45 10M/100M/1G/2.5G 802.3at (up to 30W) PoE autosensing ports
24 x RJ45 110M/100M/1G/2.5G 802.3bt Type-3 (up to 60W) PoE auto-sensing ports
4 x SFP28 ports
2 x 40G QSFP+ ports
|Power Supply (Watts)||550W AC||1600W AC||550W AC||1600W AC|
|Dimensions||1.71 in x 17.09 in x 15.75 in (power supply/fan tray handle adds additional 1.18 in)|
|Approximate Weight||14.3 lbs / 6.5 kg||14.7 lbs / 6.7 kg||15.1 lbs / 6.9 kg||15.8 lbs / 7.2 kg|
|Packet buffer memory||4MB||4MB||4MB||4MB|
|Switch fabric capacity||480Gbps||600Gbps||480Gbps||600Gbps|
|Line-rate Layer 2 switching||All (non-blocking)|
|Line-rate Layer 3 routing||All (non-blocking)|
|Environmental Operating Conditions|
|Operating temperature||32° to 113°F (0° to 45°C)|
|Storage temperature||–40° to 149°F (–40° to 65°C)|
|Operating relative humidity||95%|
|Storage relative humidity||85%|
|Power Supply Efficiency||80% or better in all operating modes|
|Max Thermal Output (BTU/hr)||812||4495||1112||8478|
|Power Consumption Max (Watts)||238W||1318W||326W||2486W|
|Power cords||C13 to NEMA 5-15, 3M
C13 to C14, 2M
|Power shelves (optional)||C13 to NEMA 5-15, 3M
C13 to C14, 2M
Transceiver, SFP, 1000BASE-T **
|Cables||10GbE, SFP+ to SFP+, Passive DAC (0.5M, 1M, 2M, 3M, 5M, 7M)
10GbE, SFP+ to SFP+, Active optical (2M, 3M, 5M, 7M, 10M,15M, 20M)
25GbE, SFP28 to SFP28, Passive DAC (1M, 2M, 3M, 5M)
25GbE, SFP28 to SFP28, Active optical (7M, 10M,15M, 20M)
40GbE, QSFP+ to QSFP+, Passive DAC (0.5M, 1M, 2M, 3M, 5M, 7M)
40GbE, QSFP+ to QSFP+, Active optical (3M, 10M)
|Fans (spare)||Fan module, IO to PSU Airflow
Fan module, PSU to IO Airflow (for N2224X-ON, N2248X-ON only)
- 2 integrated rear 40GbE QSFP+ stacking ports
- Out-of-band management port (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- USB (Type A) port for configuration via USB flash drive
- MicroUSB (Type B) console port (MicroUSB to USB connector cable included)
- RJ45 console port with RS232 signaling (RJ-45 to female DB-9 connector cable included)
- Auto-negotiation for speed and flow control
- Auto MDI/MDIX, port mirroring
- Flow-based port mirroring
- Broadcast storm control
- Redundant variable speed fans (field replaceable)
- Air flow: I/O to power supply; Power supply to I/O options available with non-PoE models
- Dual firmware images on-board
- Switching engine model: Store and forward
- MAC addresses: 32K
- Static routes: 256 (IPv4)/128 (IPv6) Dynamic routes: 256 (IPv4)
- Link aggregation: 128 LAG groups, 144 dynamic ports per stack, 8 member ports per LAG
- Priority queues per port: 8
- RIP routing interfaces: 256
- VLAN routing interfaces: 128
- VLANs supported: 4,094
- Protocol-based VLANs: Supported
- ARP entries: 4,096
- NDP entries: 512
- Access control lists (ACL): Supported
- MAC and IP-based ACLs: Supported
- Time-controlled ACLs: Supported
- Max number of ACLs: 100
- Max ACL rules system-wide: 3,914
- Max rules per ACL: 1,023
- Max ACL rules per interface (IPv4): 1,023 (ingress), 1023 (egress)
- Max ACL rules per interface (IPv6): 1023 (ingress), 509 (egress)
- Max VLAN interfaces with ACLs applied: 24
Regulatory, environment and other compliance
- Safety and emissions
- Australia/New Zealand: ACMA RCM Class A
- Canada: ICES Class A; cUL
- China: CCC Class A; NAL
- Europe: CE Class A
- Japan: VCCI Class A
- USA: FCC Class A; NRTL UL; FDA 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11
- Eurasia Customs Union: EAC
- Germany: GS mark
- Product meets EMC and safety standards in many countries inclusive of USA, Canada, EU, Japan, China.
- For more country-specific regulatory information and approvals, please see your Dell Technologies representative.
- Product meets RoHS compliance standards in many countries inclusive of USA, EU, China, and India. For more country-specific RoHS compliance information, please see your Dell Technologies representative.
- EU WEEE
- EU Battery Directive
- Japan: JEL
- Other certifications
- N-Series products have the necessary features to support a PCI compliant network topology.
- 802.1AB LLDP
- Dell Voice VLAN
- Dell ISDP (inter-operates with devices running CDP)
- 802.1D Bridging, Spanning Tree
- 802.1p Ethernet Priority (User Provisioning and Mapping)
- Dell Adjustable WRR and Strict Queue Scheduling
- 802.1Q VLAN Tagging, Double VLAN Tagging, GVRP
- 802.1S Multiple Spanning Tree (MSTP)
- 802.1v Protocol-based VLANs
- 802.1W Rapid Spanning Tree (RSTP)
- Dell RSTP-Per VLAN (compatible with Cisco’s RPVST+)
- Dell Spanning tree optional features: STP root guard, BPDU guard, BPDU filtering
- 802.1X Network Access Control, Auto VLAN
- 802.2 Logical Link Control
- 802.3 10BASE-T
- 802.3ab Gigabit Ethernet (1000BASE-T)
- 802.3ac Frame Extensions for VLAN Tagging
- 802.3ad Link Aggregation with LACP
- 802.3ae 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GBASE-X)
- 802.3at PoE+ (N1524P and N1548P)
- 802.3AX LAG Load Balancing
- Dell Multi-Chassis LAG (MLAG)
- Dell Policy Based Forwarding
- 802.3u Fast Ethernet (100BASE-TX) on Management Ports
- 802.3x Flow Control
- 802.3z Gigabit Ethernet (1000BASE-X)
- ANSI LLDP-MED (TIA-1057)
- MTU 9,216 bytes
General Internet protocols
- General Internet protocols are supported. For a detailed list, please contact your Dell Technologies representative.
General IPv4 Protocols
- General IPv4 protocols are supported. For a detailed list, please contact your Dell Technologies representative.
General IPv6 Protocols
- General IPv6 protocols are supported. For a detailed list, please contact your Dell Technologies representative.
Layer 3 functionality
- 1058 RIPv1
- 2082 RIP-2 MD5 Auth
- 1724 RIPv2 MIB Extension
- 2453 RIPv2
- 1765 OSPF DB overflow
- 1850 OSPF MIB
- 2328 OSPFv2
- 2740 OSPFv3 (from OS6.6.2)
- 3137 OSPF Stub Router Advert
- 5187 OSPFv3 Graceful Routing Restart (from OS6.6.2)
- 2365 Admin scoped IP Mcast
- 2932 IPv4 MIB
- 4541 IGMP v1/v2/v3 Snooping and Querier
- IEEE 802.1ag draft 8.1– Connectivity Fault Management
Quality of service
- 2474 DiffServ Field Dell Flow Based QoS
- 2475 DiffServ Architecture Services Mode
- 2597 Assured Fwd PHB (IPv4/IPv6)
- Dell Port Based QoS (TCP/UDP) Services Mode
- Dell Flow Based QoS Services Mode (IPv4/IPv6)
- 2697 srTCM
- 4115 trTCM
- Dell L4 Trusted Mode
- Dell UDLD
Network Management and Security
- 1155 SMIv1
- 1157 SNMPv1
- 1212 Concise MIB Definitions
- 1213 MIB-II
- 1215 SNMP Traps
- 1286 Bridge MIB
- 1442 SMIv2
- 1451 Manager-to-Manager MIB
- 1492 TACACS+
- 1493 Managed Objects for Bridges MIB
- 1573 Evolution of Interfaces
- 1612 DNS Resolver MIB Extensions
- 1643 Ethernet-like MIB
- 1757 RMON MIB
- 1867 HTML/2.0 Forms with File Upload Extensions
- 1901 Community-based SNMPv2
- 1907 SNMPv2 MIB
- 1908 Coexistence Between SNMPv1/v2
- 2011 IP MIB
- 2012 TCP MIB
- 2013 UDP MIB
- 2068 HTTP/1.1
- 2096 IP Forwarding Table MIB
- 2233 Interfaces Group using SMIv2
- 2246 TLS v1
- 2271 SNMP Framework MIB
- 2295 Transport Content Negotiation
- 2296 Remote Variant Selection
- 2576 Coexistence Between SNMPv1/v2/v3
- 2578 SMIv2
- 2579 Textual Conventions for SMIv2
- 2580 Conformance Statements for SMIv2
- 2613 RMON MIB
- 2618 RADIUS Authentication MIB
- 2620 RADIUS Accounting MIB
- 2665 Ethernet-like Interfaces MIB
- 2666 Identification of Ethernet Chipsets
- 2674 Extended Bridge MIB
- 2737 ENTITY MIB
- 2818 HTTP over TLS
- 2819 RMON MIB (groups 1, 2, 3, 9)
- 2863 Interfaces MIB
- 2865 RADIUS
- 2866 RADIUS Accounting
- 2868 RADIUS Attributes for Tunnel Prot.
- 2869 RADIUS Extensions
- 3410 Internet Standard Mgmt. Framework
- 3411 SNMP Management Framework
- 3412 Message Processing and Dispatching
- 3413 SNMP Applications
- 3414 User-based security model
- 3415 View-based control model
- 3416 SNMPv2
- 3418 SNMP MIB
- 3577 RMON MIB
- 3580 802.1X with RADIUS
- 3737 Registry of RMOM MIB
- 4086 Randomness Requirements
- 4113 UDP MIB
- 4251 SSHv2 Protocol
- 4252 SSHv2 Authentication
- 4253 SSHv2 Transport
- 4254 SSHv2 Connection Protocol
- 4419 SSHv2 Transport Layer Protocol
- 4521 LDAP Extensions
- 4716 SECSH Public Key File Format
- 5246 TLS v1.2
- 6101 SSL
- Dell Enterprise MIB supporting routing features draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif- mib-v3-00.txt (Obsoletes RFC 2665)
- Dell LAG MIB Support for 802.3ad Functionality
- Dell sflow version 1.3 draft 5
- Dell 802.1x Monitor Mode
- Dell Custom Login Banners
- Dell Dynamic ARP Inspection
- Dell IP Address Filtering
- Dell Tiered Authentication
- Dell RSPAN
- Dell Change of Authorization
- Dell OpenFlow 1.3
- Dell Python Scripting
- Dell Support Assist
* Planned in Roadmap
** Auto-negotiation not supported, using 1G optics require manual configuration and all 4x10G SFP+ or 4x25G SFP28 ports to be set to same speed. 100M speed not supported.
*** Auto-negotiation not supported, using 10G cables or optics require manual configuration and all 4x25G SFP28 ports to be set to same speed. 100M/1G speed not supported.
Download the Dell EMC PowerSwitch Switch N2200 Series Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.