Dell EMC Virtual Edge Platform 4600
High Performance Open uCPE
High-performance purpose-built uCPE (universal customer premise equipment) platform for open and disaggregated networking
The Dell EMC Networking Virtual Edge Platform 4600 is high-performance optimized to host VNFs (Virtual Network Functions) and is ideal for SD-WAN. Single-socket, 1RU platform is perfect for the service provider edge or enterprise branch.
- New! Upgradable with interface or WiFi expansion cards
- Accelerates packet processing with Intel® QuickAssist Technology (QAT) and security encryption with Intel® Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK)
- Zero touch provisioning
- Short-depth chassis design excellent for telco use cases
The VEP edge platform brings you simplified deployment and maximum choice with validated hardware and software options.
- Hardware configurations offer choices in cores, storage and memory
- Validated choice of leading SD-WAN software: VeloCloud or Versa
- New! Adva Ensemble has been added to provide a hardened virtualization layer that can host a wide array of over 50 third-party VNFs, covering routing,
- firewall, WAN, optimization, IOT, monitoring, etc.
- Investment protection with available expansion modules
- Validated designs, reference architectures and bills of materials (BOMs)
- Globally sold, serviced, supported and backed with Dell EMC’s best-in-class supply chain
|VEP 4600 Overview|
|CPU||Intel Xeon-D 2100 (4,8 and 16 core)|
|Networking ports||4 x 1GE 2 x 10GE|
|Management ports||2X - 10/100/1000Base-T: one for CPU and one for BMC|
|USB ports||"2X - USB type A receptacle (female) ports supports USB 3.0 1X - Micro USB type B receptacle (female) port, available for console port"|
|Console ports||2X - Serial: one for CPU and one for BMC|
|Storage Option||2x M.2 SATA (up to total 960GB in standard configuration, upgradable to 1.92TB with custom upgrade)|
|Out of Band Management||BMC IPMI 2.0 compliant|
|Memory||4 DIMM slot (up to 64GB in standard configuration, upgradable to 128GB with custom upgrade)|
|Software Validation||Partner driven|
|QAT||Yes (except for 4 core)|
|Expansion slots||2 X expansion slots. Expansion card options: 4X10Gb DA/SFP+, 2X10 Gb DA/SFP+ with 2X 1Gb, 4X1Gb, WiFi|
|BMC||IPMI 2.0 compliant|
|Power Supplies||Standard configuration: 16 core (2 PSU), 8 core (1 PSU), 4 core (1 PSU)|
|Fans||Standard configuration: 16 core (5 fans), 8 core (4 fans), 4 core (4 fans)|
|Airflow||Air flows from I/O side to PSU side|
|Operating system||Supports Linux (Ubuntu OS and Red Hat/Cent OS)|
Download the Dell EMC Virtual Edge Platform 4600 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.