Dell Networking C7004 Chassis-based Switches
Medium-sized chassis-based switch delivering GbE aggregation for small to medium-sized data centers
Click here to jump to more pricing!
High-density, line-rate, non-blocking 1/10/40GbE switches, cost-effective PoE+ enabled GbE ports, modular Dell Networking OS software for inherent stability, and in-service diagnostics and traffic visibility tools for increased network control.
Dell Networking C7004
Dell Networking C7004 is a 9U chassis featuring up to four line card I/O slots coupled with a backplane driving up to 768Gbps bandwidth. The Dell Networking C7004 is designed to provide inherent reliability, network control and scalability for high-performance Ethernet environments.
- Switch fabric capacity of up to 768Gbps and up to 476Mpps L2/L3 packet forwarding capacity.
- High-availability architecture
- 1+1 Route Processor Module (RPM) design
- Continuous runtime data plane monitoring and advanced in-service command-line interface (CLI) diagnostic functions
- Power supply redundancy with load-sharing power bus enabling uninterrupted VoIP calls during a power supply failure
- Over 200 line-rate 10/100/1000Base-T ports with full 30.8W Class 4 Power over Ethernet+ (PoE+) support in a 9U chassis.
- Up to 64 10GbE ports for RJ-45 installations or up to 32 10GbE ports with pluggable SFP+ or XFP modules.
- Suite of security, access control and wiring closet edge features for enterprise
- Full complement of standards-based Layer 2, IP version 4 (IPv4) and IP version 6 (IPv6) for unicast and multicast applications.
- 5-microsecond switching latency under full load for 64 byte frames.
- Robust Dell Networking OS for resiliency and efficient operation.
Compared to the competition:
Dell Networking C7004 delivers more management and power redundancy for optimal network uptime over the Cisco Catalyst 4503-E and 4506-E.
C-Series Resilient Switches
The Dell C-Series resilient chassis-based switches deliver reliability, network control and scalability. The C-series is designed to support GbE and 10GbE switch aggregation for enterprise campus and business wiring closets, while also supporting 1/10GbE server aggregation and 10/40GbE core operations/campus connections for data centers. Comprehensive management capabilities make the C-Series a cost-effective and flexible deployment option.
- High-density 1/10GbE aggregation into a multiple Gbps or 40GbE backbone
- Cost-effective, scalable PoE+ IEEE wiring closet aggregation of VoIP phones, wireless access points or other IEEE 802.3at-compliant devices
- Low-cost 100/1000Mbps server aggregation for small-to medium-sized data centers (100s to 1,000s of servers)
- Scalable GbE aggregation and 10GbE transport in a carrier's Middle Mile network to enable the deployment of triple play services
The Dell Networking C-Series is designed to provide inherent reliability, network control, and scalability for high performance Ethernet environments.
- Virtual Link Trunking (VLT) feature provides up to 100% better link performance and improved resiliency for layer 2 networks
- Up to 24x 40GbE ports (9RU chassis) or 48x 40GbE ports total (13RU chassis)
- Up to 320 line-rate 10/100/1000Base-T ports with full 30W Class 4 PoE+ support in a 13RU chassis
- Up to 64 line-rate, non-blocking 10GBase-T ports or 128x 10GBase-T ports in a 13RU chassis
- Full complement of standards-based Layer 2, IPv4 and IPv6 features for unicast and multicast applications
- Can be deployed as either an L2 or L3 access switch with extended capabilities, including PVST+, PBR, OSPF, ECMP and BGP
- Switch fabric capacity of up to 1.536Tbps and up to 952Mpps L2/L3 packet forwarding capacity
- High availability architecture
- 1+1 route processor module design
- Continuous runtime data plane monitoring and advanced in-service CLI diagnostic functions
- Power supply redundancy with load sharing power bus enabling critical operations and uninterrupted VoIP calls during one or multiple power supply failures
- Suite of security, access control and wiring closet edge features for enterprise networks
- Intelligent power management features provide automatic sensing, provisioning and management of PoE power
Dell Networking C-Series line cards:
Expand and configure your chassis based on your needs.
- Dell Networking C7004 — add up to four line cards
- Dell Networking C7008 — add up to eight line cards
4-port 10GbE with pluggable XFP modules
This line card provides density of up to 32 line-rate, non-blocking 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports in a single chassis. Additionally, the C-Series ASICs and architecture enables line-rate performance with QoS and ACLs enabled, jumbo frame support and simultaneous L2 switching and IPv4 routing.
6-port 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP Line Card
This six-port (6) QSFP+ line card enables high density 40GbE connectivity to your data center and large scale enterprise aggregation so you can drive up to 48* 40GbE ports for high performance, non-stop networking (*applies to C7008, or per chassis). Each QSFP port can also be split into individual 10GbE ports with optional breakout cables and ready connectivity to 10GbE nodes. Connect long distances over 10km with 40GbE cables and transceiver support.
8-port 10GbE SFP+ line card with pluggable SFP+ modules
This line card provides industry-leading density of up to 64 line-rate, non-blocking 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ ports in a single chassis. Generate cost-effective uplink capability with open-standards SFP+ operation coupled with lower total cost of ownership (TCO) than XFP options, for aggregation, top-of-rack, end-of-row and core switches.
8-port 10GbE with pluggable XFP modules
This line card provides industry-leading density of up to 64 line-rate, non-blocking 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports in a single chassis. Additionally, the C-Series ASICs and architecture enables line-rate performance with QoS and ACLs enabled, jumbo frame support and simultaneous L2 switching and IPv4 routing.
16-port 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet Line Card
This 16-port 10Gbase-T line card delivers cost-effective high density EoR and edge switch aggregation for campus installations with RJ-45 connectivity. Drive up to 128* 10GbE ports for high performance, non-stop networking (*applies to C7008, or per chassis) and step up to 10GbE connectivity cost-effectively with a pay-as-you-grow model.
48-port 10/100/1000Base-T line card with PoE+
Deliver high density, cost-effective 1GbE with Power-Over-Ethernet Plus capability (IEEE 802.3at) for access and end-user connectivity with this 48-port 1Gbase-T line card. Drive over 300* PoE+ nodes (at 30.8W each) to support high-power Voice-over-IP, Unified Communications equipment and WiFi access points, including Gigabit 802.11ae peripherals with a single connection for Ethernet and power delivery (*applies to C7008, or per chassis).
48-port GbE line card with pluggable SFP modules
The 48-port Gigabit Ethernet line card for the Networking C-Series C150 and C7008 with pluggable SFP modules supports distances up to 80 km over fiber, and pluggable 1000Base-T modules support distances up to 100 m over Cat5 UTP. 100Base-FX SFP modules support distances up to 2 km, providing a flexible solution for applications spanning the LAN, MAN and WAN in mixed fiber/copper and mixed speed installations.
48-port 10/100/1000Base-T line card with PoE
The 48-port 10/100/1000Base-T line card for the Dell Networking C-Series C150 and C300 provides IEEE 802.3af PoE support. Using intelligent power management, each chassis can provide up to 15.4W of power per port while maintaining full system and PoE power supply redundancy.
48-port 10/100/1000Base-T line card
The 48-port 10/100/1000Base-T line card for the Dell Networking C-Series C150 and C300 provides industry-leading density of up to 384 line-rate, non-blocking 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet ports in a single chassis. Additionally, the C-Series ASICs and architecture enables line-rate performance with QoS and ACLs enabled, jumbo frame support, and simultaneous L2 switching and IPv4 routing. Embedded intelligence allows localized switching for very low latency.
48-port GbE line card with pluggable SFP modules
The 48-port Gigabit Ethernet line card for the Dell Networking C-Series C150 and C300 with pluggable small form-factor pluggable (SFP) modules supports distances up to 80 km over fiber, and pluggable 1000Base-T modules support distances up to 100 m over Cat 5 UTP. 100Base-FX SFP modules support distances up to 2 km, providing a flexible solution for applications spanning the local area network (LAN), metropolitan area network (MAN) and wide area network (WAN) in mixed fiber/copper and mixed speed installations.
FlexMedia Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet line card with pluggable media modules
The multiport FlexMedia line card for the Dell Networking C-Series C150 and C300 features 36 10/100/1000Base-T ports, 8 Gigabit Ethernet SFP ports and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ ports. This line card provides industry-leading flexibility for supporting applications that require a diverse set of Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces in the same chassis.
|Dell Networking C7004 Chassis-based Switches Specifications|
1+1 redundant Switch Fabric & Route Processor Modules (RPM)
General Internet Protocols
General IPv4 Protocols
General IPv6 Protocols
1156 Internet MIB
1212 Concise MIB Definitions
1215 SNMP Traps
1493 Bridges MIB
1850 OSPFv2 MIB
1901 Community-based SNMPv2
2011 IP MIB
2012 TCP MIB
2013 UDP MIB
2024 DLSw MIB
2096 IP Forwarding Table MIB
2571 Management Frameworks
2572 Message Processing and
2574 SNMPv3 USM
2575 SNMPv3 VACM
2576 Coexistence Between SNMPv1/v2/v3
2579 Textual Conventions for SMIv2
2580 Conformance Statements for SMIv2
2618 RADIUS Authentication MIB
2665 Ethernet-like Interfaces MIB
2674 Extended Bridge MIB
2787 VRRP MIB
2819 RMON MIB (groups 1, 2, 3, 9)
2863 Interfaces MIB
3273 RMON High Capacity MIB
3418 SNMP MIB
3434 RMON High Capacity Alarm MIB
3580 802.1X with RADIUS
5060 PIM MIB
ANSI/TIA-1057 LLDP-MED MIB
draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mib-06 BGP MIBv1
IEEE 802.1AB LLDP MIB, LLDP DOT1 MIB, LLDP DOT3 MIB
ruzin-mstp-mib-02 MSTP MIB (traps)
sFlow.org sFlowv5 MIB
4 line card slots
Maximum operating specifications:
IEC 60950-1 Including all National Deviations and Group Differences
EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products Part 1: Equipment Classification Requirements and User's Guide
EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products Part 2: Safety of Optical Fibre Communication Systems
FDA Regulation 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11
Australia/New Zealand: AS/NZS CISPR 22: Class A
Canada: ICES-003, Issue-4, Class A
Europe: EN 55022 (CISPR 22), Class A
Japan: VCCI Class A
USA: FCC CFR 47 Part 15, Subpart B, Class A
EN 300 386: EMC for Network Equipment
EN 61000-3-2: Harmonic Current Emissions
EN 61000-3-3:Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker
EN 61000-4-2: ESD
EN 61000-4-3: Radiated Immunity
EN 61000-4-4: EFT
EN 61000-4-5: Surge
EN 61000-4-6: Low Frequency Conducted Immunity
All C-Series components are EU RoHS compliant.
Models available with US Trade Agreements Act (TAA) compliance
Download the Dell Networking C-Series Spec Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.