Dell EMC SD-WAN Edge 3000 Series
Modular SD-WAN Solution for VMware SD-WAN
All-in-one modular simplicity
Dell EMC SD-WAN Edge 3000 is a high-performance SD-WAN appliance validated and pre-loaded with VMware SD-WAN software. This solution improves the customer’s WAN modernization experience by reducing risks and time to deployment, and improving ordering and central point of contact support all with Dell EMC’s world-class global supply chain.
The Dell EMC SD-WAN Solution has three key components:
- SD-WAN Edge powered by VMware - networking specific, purpose-built appliances designed for high efficiency and reliability integrated with VMware SD-WAN software
- SD-WAN Orchestrator - cloud-based management and orchestration software services from VMware, managed by Dell EMC
- SD-WAN Gateways - a global network of more secure, application-focused access gateways from VMware to handle WAN traffic
The Dell EMC SD-WAN Edge 3000 series is a pre-validated solution combining industry leading VMware SD-WAN software and Dell EMC high performance appliances optimized to host SD-WAN. The modular form factor is perfect for the service provider edge or larger enterprise branches, where high-performance, and configuration options are design considerations.
Maximum efficiency spans capacity and operational efficiency. Capacity efficiency enables the rapid modernization the WAN without disruptive and costly upgrades. The SD-WAN Edge 3000 is designed with headroom to scale when WAN traffic is added. Software subscription options can be upgraded to accommodate changing business requirements for features, duration, and/or bandwidth.
Adapting to change quickly provides operational efficiency:
- VMware SD-WAN offers dynamic multi-path optimization based on app performance requirements to steer traffic around poor links and networks.
- The VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator provides centralized enterprise-wide installation, configuration and real-time monitoring in addition to orchestrating the data flow through the cloud network.
- Available VMware SD-WAN Gateways provide optimized data paths to all applications, branches and datacenters along with the ability to deliver network services from the cloud.
Improving availability furthers operational efficiency by transforming inexpensive broadband links into a secure enterprise-grade, secure SD-WAN improving the performance of existing connections, saving money, and improving scalability and quality of experience.
|SD-WAN Edge 3400||SD-WAN Edge 3800|
|CPU||Intel Xeon D-2100, 8 Core||Intel Xeon D-2100, 16 Core|
|Drive||240GB in standard configuration||240GB in standard configuration|
|RAM||32GB in standard configuration||32GB in standard configuration|
|Ports||(6 x 1G) + (4 x 10G SFP+)||(6 x 1G) + (4 x 10G SFP+)|
|Max Recommend Subscription||5 Gbps||10 Gbps|
|Max throughput (1300 bytes)||7 Gbps||10 Gbps|
|Average iMix Throughput||2.5 Gbps||5 Gbps|
|Max Flows per second||38400||38400|
|Maximum concurrent flows||3.8M||3.8M|
Download the Dell EMC SD-WAN Edge 3000 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.